Black Forest Cookies
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Jar Maraschino Cherries (reserve 1/4 cup of juice)
- 1 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 Whole Egg and 1 Yolk
- 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Pre-Heat Oven to 350°
- In a Large Bowl mix together with a whisk the Flour, Cocoa Powder, Corn Starch, Baking Soda and Salt. Set aside
- Cream together the Butter, Brown Sugar, White Sugar and Canola Oil, until light and fluffy.
- Add the Egg and yolk, Vanilla Extract and Maraschino Cherry Juice mix until combined.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mix until combined, then add the other half until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Chill dough for at least 1 Hour
- Roll dough into balls using a Tbsp. size scoop. Flatten slightly and place onto a non-greased baking sheet.
- Take a Cherry and place into the center of the cookie dough, press the cherry down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, let cookies cool for at least 5 mins before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cool, dust with powdered sugar