Caramelized Onion Tarts
- 2 Large White Onions (Cut in half and sliced on the thinnest setting of your mandolin. If you don’t have a mandolin, slice as thin as possible).
- 1 Packet of Onion Soup mix… (ya know, the one we all love in the blue box)
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 boxes of 15 count Phyllo Shells
Pre-Heat Oven to 350°
- In a large skillet sauté the sliced onions in the butter.
- Once the onions are cooked through and have a golden brown color to them add the Onion Soup Mix and toss together until fully incorporated
- Simmer until there is barely any liquid in the bottom of your pan
- Add the cream cheese and mix well. Turn off heat
- Lay out your Phyllo Shells on a baking sheet and spoon your onions into the shells
- Place in the oven for 15 mins.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.