The “Perfect” Tomato can be hard to find, especially when they aren’t in season. I find the pre-packaged grape tomatoes are usually ripe, have just enough sweetness to them and the skin is never tough. You can absolutely substitute with the “normal sized” heirloom tomatoes if you can find ones to your liking.
Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 1 Package of Heirloom Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 Oz. Fresh Mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 1 Shallot, sliced thin
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
(You can eat this right away but I prefer to put it in the fridge for a couple hours before diggin’ in)