Quinoa is a great source of protein, fiber and minerals. It’s so versatile too which makes this grain a must have pantry staple in my house.
I’m always trying to create new ways to cook quinoa. I usually serve it as a warm side dish but I wanted to come up with a recipe where quinoa was the star… the main course. It’s pretty filling so it wasn’t that hard to do. I really enjoy Mediterranean flavors so I used that to create this recipe. I found this to be very satisfying but if you want to make it heartier you can add grilled chicken or shrimp and it’ll be just as amazing. I hope you all enjoy it as much as my husband and I do.
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 1 Cup of uncooked quinoa (I used white quinoa)
- 1 1/2 Cups chicken stock
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a Large Red Onion, diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 8 Oz. Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Basil
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Dill, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start the Quinoa (cook time according to directions on package) swap plain water for chicken stock
- In a large skillet add just enough EVOO to coat the bottom of the pan and set your burner to Medium
- Add Onions, Bell peppers, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and sauté until peppers are tender.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the skillet, take off burner and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled add the cucumber, dill and feta.
- Toss into a large bowl and chill the salad in the fridge.