I’ve been trying to make better food choices lately and breakfast is always hard for me. I wake up, get ready for work and walk out the door. Now, if you’re anything like me you stop to get coffee and grab something fast. Which isn’t always a bad thing… but I tend to lean towards the breakfast options with a ton of carbs. So, for me, I need to prep my breakfast otherwise I feel tired and sluggish by 10 A.M..
“Egg Bakes” are a great thing. Typically a one pan (or casserole dish) meal and they make 4-5 days worth of breakfast which helps me stay on track for the week.
Because I’ve been trying to eat better I used ground turkey, egg whites and veggies. I picked up egg whites that come in a carton which helped me save on wasting the yolks.
Ground Turkey and Egg White Bake
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 8 Egg Whites (or 1 1/2 cups of egg whites if you use the kind that come in a carton)
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1 Large Shallot, diced
- 10 oz. Baby Spinach, chopped
- 6 Large White Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- Cooking spray (such as Pam)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Pre Heat Oven to 350°
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the coconut oil and sauté the shallot and add salt and pepper.
- Add ground turkey to the sautéed shallot and cook completely through, approximately 5-7 mins. and set aside
- In a large bowl beat the egg whites and whole eggs until combined.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil and add the egg mixture then chopped spinach, sliced mushrooms and ground turkey. Spread evenly over baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven and cook for 20-25 mins.
Hope you enjoy!