I was food shopping the other day and noticed these beautiful mangoes on sale and I had to pick some up. I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with them but I realized I had bell peppers and a lime and instantly knew I needed to make salsa. This recipe is so easy and so delicious it was absolutely worth the pain of peeling and cutting up the mangoes (if any of you have ever cut a mango you know what I’m talking about). I don’t have any tips or tricks for you on how to do this easily. I’ve tried a couple different techniques and the one that works best (for me) is to peel the mango and cross slice into it until you reach the pit then take your knife and cut down the length of the mango as close to the pit as you can and then all the little diced pieces will fall right off. If you have any tips that work for you please feel free to share! Now, for the recipe!
- 2 Ripe Mangoes, diced
- 1/4 of a Red Onion, diced small
- 1/2 of a Red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 of a Yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 of an Orange bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup of chopped Cilantro
- 1 lime, freshly juiced
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Tastes best after it has set in the fridge for an hour or two.
Hope you enjoy!