This garlic butter baked tilapia recipe is a great weeknight meal. By cooking the fish on top of veggies, it makes this one pan dinner fast and easy with less clean up too!
My mom made something similar to this a lot growing up. It’s fairly inexpensive, it’s easy, it’s fast and cleanup is a breeze. I honestly wish all cooking was this fast and easy. I’d say it was a 10-15 minute prep and 45 minutes (hands off) cook time; an hour all together and if you really wanted you could prep the day before and just pop it into the oven when you get home from your long day.
I used rainbow carrots in this dish well, because they are so darn pretty but you don’t have to. I also used shallots cause I’m obsessed with them but leeks work just as well (but add about 10 more minutes of prep time because they are a HUGE pain to clean all the sand out of). I hope you enjoy!
Garlic Butter Baked Tilapia
- 4 Tilapia Filets
- 8 Carrots, julienned
- 2 Shallots, sliced thin
- 6 Large white button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp. Softened butter
- 1/2 Lemon, zested then juiced. Reserve 4 slices to top each filet
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Pre-Heat oven to 350°
- In a small bowl combine the softened butter, lemon juice and zest, chopped garlic and parsley.
- In a baking dish place down the julienned carrots then shallots then mushrooms
- Place the tilapia filets on top of the vegetables sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Divide the garlic butter into quarters and place one quarter on each filet, spread evenly and place sliced lemon on top.
- Tent the baking dish with aluminum foil. Try to avoid the foil touching the fish. You want to butter to stay on the fish and not stick to the foil.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and continue to cook for the remaining 15 minutes.
I find by lining the baking dish with foil before adding any ingredients it makes clean up MUCH easier