Incredibly Easy Stuffed Mushrooms. Beautiful and Delicious. Sure to impress any crowd. Perfect for parties!
If you follow my blog then you already know that my husband and I LOVE mushrooms. I cook with them at least once a week.
These stuffed mushrooms are so easy and is pretty much the same recipe as my Crab Stuffed Tomatoes with a few minor tweaks.
I prefer Baby Bella Mushrooms because they hold up better than regular white button mushrooms, but you can use them as well. Hulling the mushrooms is probably the most difficult part because you have to be gentle so they don’t fall apart. If you use a 1/4 teaspoon and cup the mushroom in your hand as you scoop out the insides they should stay together with minimal cracking.
I hope you enjoy!
- 24 Baby Bella Mushrooms, Hulled. (I use a tablespoon and scoop around the inside, usually comes out in one piece)
- 1 Celery Stalk, chopped fine
- 1 Shallot, chopped fine
- 1 Clove of Minced Garlic
- 4 oz. Crab Meat (Imitation or Fresh) Tastes great either way
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of White Wine (plus a tbsp. or so if mixture gets too dry)
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 4 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Baking Spray
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
Pre-Heat Oven to 375°
Spray the inside of a baking dish with spray… such as Pam, set aside
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat melt the butter and add the celery, shallot and garlic. Cook until translucent (5-7 minutes)
- Add wine and crab meat, cook another 2 minutes then add the bread crumbs. If the mixture is too dry and crumbly add another Tbsp. of wine
- Add the cream cheese and mix constantly until it has melted and all ingredients are incorporated together.
- Remove from heat.
- Place your hulled mushrooms in the baking dish and fill with your stuffing you just prepared.
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Garnish with Parsley
- Allow to cool 5 minutes prior to serving