This Easy and Delicious Rice Cake is the perfect dessert for any holiday but to me it really SCREAMS Easter. My mom made this rice cake EVERY Easter and I couldn’t wait! My mom would always serve it in a bowl with milk topped with a little sugar… Ahhh memories. This year since my parents moved to Florida and I’m here in NEPA I figured I HAD to make this Rice Cake to keep up with tradition even if my parents wouldn’t be here to enjoy it (Side note: when I told my mom I was making it she had told me she was too.. so we kinda do get to enjoy it together). So here it is, Rice Cake. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 2 Cups of Raw Rice cooked according to directions on the box. Set aside to cool
- 2 lb. Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon plus more for topping
- 6 “Pats” of Butter, plus more to grease baking dish
- Milk (amount will vary)
Pre-Heat Oven to 350°
Grease your baking dish
- Mix together your cooked, cooled rice, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, Ricotta, Cinnamon and Sugar.
- Pour ingredients into your baking dish. The mixture should only fill about 1/2 way up the dish.
- Pour Milk around the ingredients about 3/4 of the way up the dish.
- Place your “pats” of butter on top
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. You want the rice cake to be set but slightly “jiggly” in the center.