Braised Pork Chops
- 6 Pork Chops, Cut 1 Inch Thick
- 1 Large White Onion, Sliced thin
- 4 Carrots, Julienned
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup of Red Wine
- 6 oz. Can of Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar (Or 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce) Either work great in this recipe
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Rosemary, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- In a large bowl whisk the beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, balsamic (or Worcestershire sauce) and rosemary until the tomato paste is fully incorporated and set aside.
- Place the pork into your crock pot along with the onion and carrots.
- Pour the liquid ingredients on top and set your crock pot on low.
- Cook for 6-8 hours. (The longer the better)
- Once your meal is cooked remove the pork and vegetables (The best you can) and add the corn starch to the remaining juice in the crock pot. Whisk really well.
- Add the Pork and vegetables back to the crock pot and cook for another 10-15 minutes. This will help thicken the sauce and coat everything nicely.
- I serve mine over mashed potatoes but Egg Noodles will go great with this meal as well.